sensōrius co. is a small batch soy candle company established in 2016 in Minneapolis, MN by founder+creator, Hannah Weer. Our collection of scents are greatly inspired by olfactive memory; provoking nostalgia for fond memories and taking pleasure in our favorite indulgences. Blending her own sensory recollections with years of experience in the retail world of home fragrances, Hannah introduced sensōrius co. in two collections: [VICE]: indulgences and [ELEMENT]: nostalgia. The materials used are consciously sourced in the USA and each candle is hand-poured using natural soy wax, crackling wooden wicks, blended fragrance oils and reusable glass tumblers.
- Soy wax is longer-lasting and cleaner burning- no toxins, pollutants or carcinogens and it burns cooler which means you can enjoy for 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle. To top it off, soy is a completely renewable product produced by American farmers.
- Wooden wicks enhance the scent throw, provide an even melt pool and crackle just like a real open fire. Made of the finest wood in the USA.
- Fragrance oils for candles consist of many aromatic ingredients, some are made naturally and others synthetically. All oils used in our candles are developed for performance in soy wax and adhere to RIFM and IFRA standards for safety and purity.
REUSABLE GLASS TUMBLERS
When you've enjoyed the last of your candle, simply heat the tumbler in the oven at 170 degrees for a few minutes until wax is softened, carefully discard wax and wick tab into trash bin using paper towels then wash thoroughly with warm soapy water. Your tumbler is now cocktail-ready!
CANDLE CARE + BURNING INSTRUCTIONS
CANDLE BURNING TIPS
To ensure you're getting the most out of your candle burning experience and to prevent tunneling, soot or failure of the wick to remain lit, it is highly important to follow these instructions:
- Light the wick all the way across, not just on one end. This helps the candle burn evenly.
- Burning the candle for a minimum of 2 or 3 hours at a time will ensure that the melted wax pool has reached the sides of the glass jar optimizing your burn time.
- Keep the candle away from drafts, such as ceiling fans, air conditioners or breezes.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 1/8th of an inch between each burn by breaking off the charred end with your fingers or trimming with nail clippers when the candle is cold. Remove all wick trimmings before relighting.
- Once the wax has got to within 1/2 an inch of the bottom of the candle stop using it.
! WARNING !
Never place your candles on anything that could catch fire and always place them on a protected heat resistant dry surface. Allow the candle to cool completely before relighting or handling. Never leave a burning candle unattended.